The awardee must not have received other academic scholarships from the OAS or from CNU for the samelevel of studies and/or programs as requested in the 2016 OAS-CNU application;
Only citizens and/or permanent legal residents of OAS Member States will be eligible;
Applicants must possess an excellent level of verbal English skills. If not native speakers, this must be proven through anofficial written document such as a transcript verifying studies in an English-speaking or English-bilingualinstitution; a TOEFL or IELTS score or a similar standardized test score (not older than two years); or anyother proof of English language training;
OAS staff, individuals who maintain employment contracts with the OAS, the staff of PermanentMissions to the OAS and their immediate relatives are not eligible to receive OAS-CNU scholarships.
The Organization of American States (OAS), through its Department of Human Development, Education and Employment (DHDEE) and the Chonnam National University (CNU) through the OAS Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC), are offering scholarship opportunities to qualified candidates of the Americas to participate in graduate and undergraduate programs at CNU in the Republic of Korea.
- Up to 2 Undergraduate scholarships of 100% tuition waiver for 4 semesters (24 months).
Gather the following documents, which must be attached to the OAS/CNU scholarship application form, in the following order:
1. Copy of government issued identification document; e.g.: passport, citizenship I.D., driver’s license, etc.
2. Curriculum Vitae or Resume; please do not include certificates for professional development courses, workshops or similar courses.
3. Copy of bachelor’s degree diploma or certificate of completion of undergraduate degree certificate from the study university, certifying compliance with all academic requirements, including approval of final exams/ thesis, if applicable.
4. Copy of undergraduate academic records or transcripts of completed programs.
5. One recommendation letter: from a university professor or from a current or most recent employer. The letter must includes: the professor’s/employer’s position, contact information, date and signature. We do not require a specific format.
6. Students whose native language is not English will be required to submit one of the following documents to prove their English proficiency:
I. An official transcript verifying completion of studies in an English-speaking university in the last five years; OR
II. A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 580 or higher for the paper based test, 237 for computer-based test, or an internet-based (IBT) score of at least 80; OR
III. IELTS 6.5, OR
Draft the following essays: (each essay should have a minimum of 800 characters and a maximum of 2900 characters): ?
Complete and send the OAS/CNU Scholarship Application Form, along with the documents listed in step 2, which should be attached in one single PDF document in the order specified.
Evaluation and pre-selection process; announcement of results. The results of pre-selected candidates will be announced at www.oas.org/scholarships
Admission process in CNU (Only for pre-selected candidates)
La Organización de los Estados Americanos (OEA) es el organismo regional más antiguo del mundo, creada en 1948. Es el principal foro político de la región, donde los países de Norte, Centro y Sur América y el Caribe avanzan en objetivos comunes. Se encarga de brindar apoyo a sus estados miembros, para el desarrollo de su capital humano e institucional. Ya sea proporcionado capacitación para funcionarios del gobierno como llevando a cabo programas de becas, de manera que el aprendizaje obtenido lo puedan verter en el país de origen. Hoy en día, la OEA reúne a los 35 Estados independientes de las Américas y constituye el principal foro gubernamental político, jurídico y social del Hemisferio. Además, ha otorgado el estatus de Observador Permanente a 69 Estados, así como a la Unión Europea (UE).
Preço médio do menu num restaurante: Seoul: 5.65€ / Lisboa: 7.50€
Menu BigMac (ou equivalente): Seoul: 4.85€ / Lisboa: 5.50€
Cerveja local (0.5 litro): Seoul: 2.42€ / Lisboa: 1.50€
1 litro de leite: Seoul: 2.14€ / Lisboa: 0.59€
12 ovos: Seoul: 2.79€ / Lisboa: 1.69€
1 bilhete de autocarro/metro: Seoul: 1.01€ / Lisboa: 1.50€
1 litro de gasolina: Seoul: 1.18€ / Lisboa: 1.40€
Preço médio aluguer de 1 apartamento no centro: Seoul: 888.24€ / Lisboa: 566.07€
Entrada de cinema: Seoul: 8.08€ / Lisboa: 6.00€