Applicants must qualify for legal student status;
The student's admission to higher academic levels shall be handled in a manner identical to the procedures of admission for local students;
During the course of study in Taiwan, international students, who are approved for initial household registration, resident registration, naturalization or restoration of their ROC nationality, will lose their international student status and shall withdraw from school.
The National Cheng Kung University Distinguished International Student Scholarship is classified into the following two categories:
a. For Undergraduate:
- Top 20% will each receive NT$ 15,000 per month.
- Top 20.01%-40% will each receiveNT$ 10,000 per month.
- Accepted students will receive the waiver of the basic rate for on-campus accommodation fee (A scholarship recipient who chooses not to live in a on-campus will not receive any payment for the waiver of accommodation fee.)
b. For Graduate:
Recipients can get the monthly stipend and the waivers of tuition fees & course credit fees (monthly stipend for master recipients is up to NT$5,000, and for PhD students is up to NT$9,000).
The application deadline is until October 10, 2016.
How to apply:
The University International Student Admissions Committee will review the application documents to evaluate the scholarship opportunity for the first academic year. Applicants do not need to submit any additional application documents for this scholarship, and the award information will be mailed along with the admission letter. For the further academic years, the students have to apply again. The Committee will review your last year’s academic performance to evaluate the scholarship status.
1. Students with an employment status on their ARC or a work visa are not eligible to receive any of the above scholarships.
2. Recipients who defer admission will be disqualified from the granted scholarship.
National Cheng Kung University (NCKU; Chinese: ??????; pinyin: Guólì Chénggong Dàxué)[note 1] is a research-led comprehensive university in Tainan, Taiwan.
Preço médio do menu num restaurante: Taipei: 3.39€ / Lisboa: 7.50€
Menu BigMac (ou equivalente): Taipei: 3.39€ / Lisboa: 5.50€
Cerveja local (0.5 litro): Taipei: 1.27€ / Lisboa: 1.50€
1 litro de leite: Taipei: 2.39€ / Lisboa: 0.59€
12 ovos: Taipei: 1.82€ / Lisboa: 1.69€
1 bilhete de autocarro/metro: Taipei: 0.57€ / Lisboa: 1.50€
1 litro de gasolina: Taipei: 0.72€ / Lisboa: 1.40€
Preço médio aluguer de 1 apartamento no centro: Taipei: 487.99€ / Lisboa: 566.07€
Entrada de cinema: Taipei: 8.49€ / Lisboa: 6.00€