Have completed a Science or Allied Health Degree (or equivalent) with a minimum of 2A Honours (preferably higher) OR a Medical Degree;
Candidates awarded a scholarship in receipt of salary support will not be eligible;
TheUniversity of Western Australia and Conquer Cystic Fibrosis Inc are offering three (3) PhD scholarships in the field of Cystic Fibrosis. These scholarships amount a total value of $45,000 p/a up to three years, with an application deadline due to 02/24/2017.
The Advanced Clinical Scholarships (tax free) is valued from a minimum of $45,000 p/a and the Allied Health and Scientist Scholarships (tax free) from a minimum of $35,000 p/a. Further top-up may be considered especially for highly qualified individuals depending on experience and qualifications, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee;
The scholarship will be renewed annually (for up to a total of three years) subject to the Scholarship recipient performing satisfactorily based on an annual progress report and a letter of support from the primary supervisor.
All successful candidates will receive generous consumable support, desk and lab space (if appropriate), computer access, support to attend conferences and access to all the facilities available to the Institute’s staff.
- High quality candidates with a strong interest in adult CF care and in applying high quality research to improve its clinical management.
- Projects that address areas of adult CF care (eg. allied health) where there is a strong need for high quality data are particularly welcomed. Proposed projects must be clinically relevant and the results expected to have direct impact on day-to-day adult CF care. Priority will be given to projects that are fully integrated with patient care such that the candidate’s participation can enrich clinical service delivery.
- Scholarship students will become members of the Institute, undertake their work within the Institute and participate in the activities of the Institute.
- Projects will lead to publications in high impact journals.
- Candidates are expected to apply for, and be competitive for, other sources of funding eg. APA and/or NHMRC PhD Fellowship. Projects that bring partnership funding from other organizations (eg. joint funding from universities, grant agencies) are especially welcomed as it will release further funds to enhance the Conquer Cystic Fibrosis and Institute for Respiratory Health program.
- Individuals with interests in CF research but not necessarily with a defined project and / or supervisor are welcome to approach the Institute. In those cases the Advisory Committee responsible for selection of candidates may be able to recommend or enlist appropriate supervisors for suitable candidates who fit the profiles defined above.
- Interested parties (students or potential supervisors) should discuss the clinical feasibility of their proposed project with one or more of the SCGH team members: Dr Siobhain Mulrennan (Director of adult CF services), Sue Morey (CNS for adult CF services) or Prof Gary Lee (Head of Respiratory Services, SCGH & Clinical Director, Institute for Respiratory Health) before submitting an application.
How to apply
Further information about scholarship eligibility and the terms and conditions can be found by downloading the application pack.
The completed application form, a copy of your current resume and a certified copy of academic records must be sent via post. Emailed applications will be accepted but copies with academic records and a signed declaration must follow by mail. If further information is required, please contact us on (08) 6457 3198.
Applications close Friday 24 February 2017 at 4pm.
Preço médio do menu num restaurante: Canberra: 13.56€ / Lisboa: 7.50€
Menu BigMac (ou equivalente): Canberra: 6.44€ / Lisboa: 5.50€
Cerveja local (0.5 litro): Canberra: 3.39€ / Lisboa: 1.50€
1 litro de leite: Canberra: 1.10€ / Lisboa: 0.59€
12 ovos: Canberra: 2.96€ / Lisboa: 1.69€
1 bilhete de autocarro/metro: Canberra: 2.71€ / Lisboa: 1.50€
1 litro de gasolina: Canberra: 0.84€ / Lisboa: 1.40€
Preço médio aluguer de 1 apartamento no centro: Canberra: 1255.40€ / Lisboa: 566.07€
Entrada de cinema: Canberra: 10.17€ / Lisboa: 6.00€