Have completed an undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution;
Have at least two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience) relevant to the program;
International candidates must also demonstrate English Language Proficiency.
The International Water Centre (IWC) Masters Scholarships are are available to study the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM) at The University of Queensland (UQ) in Australia. It offers up to a full tuition and full living costs scholarships, airplane tickets to and from Australia and Health care cover. Application deadline is 08/01/2016.
The International WaterCentre (IWC) is offering up to three scholarships for international candidates for full-time study of the MIWM program starting in Semester 1, 2017. These include:
Type A Scholarships - Full tuition and full living costs scholarships:
There will be up to two full scholarships available. Each scholarship will cover the following costs (up to the total value of $92,645):
- Full tuition fees for full-time study of the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management program commencing in Semester 1, 2017 (up to $52,500 for 18 months of study). Tuition fees will be paid by IWC directly to UQ.
- Living expenses stipend (valued at $36,000 for 16 months, payable in equal monthly instalments)
- Return air travel to Australia (pre-approved, economy class airfares up to the value of $2,500)
- UQ Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) – valued at $145. The SSAF will be paid by IWC directly to UQ.
- Cost of student visa for a single student (up to AU$ 550). Student visa costs will be refunded to the Recipient’s Australian bank account upon provision of receipt.
- Cost of the Overseas Student Health Cover for single student (valued at $950 for 18 months). The OSHC will be paid by IWC directly to UQ.
Type B Scholarship - Full tuition scholarship
This scholarship is valued at approximately AU$52,500 and will cover:
The Scholarship Selection Panel will use the following selection criteria to assess and rank applications:
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted (via email) on 23 August 2016. Applicants who have not been shortlisted will also be notified by this date.
At the end of August, shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit an application for admission into the MIWM program at The University of Queensland (UQ).
In mid-October the Scholarship Selection Panel will decide on successful scholarship recipients (from those who have been shortlisted and received an unconditional offer of admission in the MIWM program from UQ).
Successful recipients will be notified (via email) on 1 November 2016. The value of their scholarship will be outlined in their scholarship offer letter from the IWC.
Important dates (for international candidates):
The International WaterCentre (IWC) provides education and training, applied research and knowledge services to implement a whole-of-water cycle approach and develop capacity in integrated water resource management.
Preço médio do menu num restaurante: Canberra: 13.56€ / Lisboa: 7.50€
Menu BigMac (ou equivalente): Canberra: 6.44€ / Lisboa: 5.50€
Cerveja local (0.5 litro): Canberra: 3.39€ / Lisboa: 1.50€
1 litro de leite: Canberra: 1.10€ / Lisboa: 0.59€
12 ovos: Canberra: 2.96€ / Lisboa: 1.69€
1 bilhete de autocarro/metro: Canberra: 2.71€ / Lisboa: 1.50€
1 litro de gasolina: Canberra: 0.84€ / Lisboa: 1.40€
Preço médio aluguer de 1 apartamento no centro: Canberra: 1255.40€ / Lisboa: 566.07€
Entrada de cinema: Canberra: 10.17€ / Lisboa: 6.00€