Citizen of an EU Member-State or a COSME* partening country;
A student of engineering or science at an EU / COSME*university , enrolled in at least the fourth year of studies, when applying to the Vulcanus programme;
Vulcanus in Japan presented by EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation started in 1997. The programme consists of industrial placements for EU / COSME* students. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States. This programme is financed by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and the Japanese host company. The EU / COSME * students are awarded a grant (Yen 1.900.000) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan. There is no charge for the language course and seminar, and accommodation is provided free of charge during the course and seminar and the company traineeship. The application deadline is until January 20, 2017.
The students follow:
- a one-week seminar on Japan,
- a four-month intensive Japanese language course,
- and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company.
- To study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company.
- To learn Japanese and to understand and appreciate Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one year experience -abroad.
- To be well placed in your future career to interact with Japanese businesses and people.
Are you eligible?
You must be:
- Citizen of an EU Member-State or a COSME* partening country.
- A student of engineering or science at an EU / COSME*university , enrolled in at least the fourth year of studies, when applying to the Vulcanus programme**.
- Able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the programme.
How to apply
Application form and relevant documents are uploaded every year in November.
Should you consult this webpage from February to October, please take a look at the OLD application form, that you can find online ONLY FOR CONSULTATION.
El EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation es una organización sin fines de lucro, que surge por la colaboración entre la Comisión Europea y el Gobierno de Japón, afiliada al Institute of International Studies and Training (IIST). Su objetivo es fomentar y desarrollar la cooperación entre Estados Unidos y Japón, mejorando sus compañías a través del intercambio y la experiencia.
Precio medio de menú en un restaurante: Tokyo: 7,82€ / Madrid: 10,00€
Menú BigMac (o equivalente): Tokyo: 6,08€ / Madrid: 7,00€
Cerveza local (0.5 litro): Tokyo: 3,39€ / Madrid: 3,00€
1 litro de leche: Tokyo: 1,66€ / Madrid: 0,84€
12 huevos: Tokyo: 2,06€ / Madrid: 1,62€
1 billete de bus/metro: Tokyo: 1,74€ / Madrid: 1,50€
1 litro de gasolina: Tokyo: 1,08€ / Madrid: 1,15€
Precio medio alquiler apartamento 1 habitación en el centro: Tokyo: 1092,20€ / Madrid: 747,29€
Entrada de cine: Tokyo: 15,64€ / Madrid: 9,00€
Pregunta aquí a otros usuarios que tengan información sobre esta beca